Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before accessing and/or ordering any goods from The Electric Tobacconist® Ltd website. Accessing, browsing or using this website in any way indicates that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to amend these terms & conditions at any time, without the need to notify our customers.
1. You must be over 18 years old to be able to buy anything from this website. You will be age verified at the point of purchase. Click here to read more about how we age verify (opens in new tab)
2. Cooling Off Period: The Electric Tobacconist® Ltd abides by the Distance Selling Act (2000). If, once you have purchased items from us, you decide you no longer want them, then you have 28 calendar days in which to return them and we will refund them in full within 28 days of the cancellation date (including any postage and packing paid) as long as the packaging remains unopened. This excludes e-liquids, disposables and clearomizers.
3. Safety Warning: Where stated, all of our electronic cigarette (and cigar, if applicable) products contain nicotine, which is highly addictive. They are not medical devices and make no claim to aid anyone in the cessation of smoking real tobacco. The Electric Tobacconist® does, however, strongly advise against using any of its products if you come under any of the following categories:
Of ill or poor health
4. Once purchased, the products on this website should only be used in accordance with the manufacturers' instructions and should likewise be inspected before use and properly maintained. Nothing in this notice affects your statutory rights.
5. On the rare occasion a product may be sold which is not in stock. When this occurs, a refund or suitable substitution may be made without prior notification. If a substitute item is provided, you (the customer) will be able to return the item for a refund at no cost, even if it has been used. This includes e-liquids, cartomizers, clearomizers and all other consumables which are usually excluded from returning once opened.
6. 'Approximate cigarette' guidelines are dictated by the manufacturers and are calculated on an average basis. Due to variations in smoking habits, the Electric Tobacconist cannot offer any guarantees on how accurate these guidelines are and will not offer refunds based on any complaints regarding equivalent cigarette comparisons.
7. All product imagery is for illustrative purposes only and small variances may exist between photos and the physical item (e.g. colour, shape or design of e-cigarette cartridges or e-liquid bottles)
8. Orders dispatched to outside of the UK (i.e. into Europe) are subject to that country's importation regulations. The Electric Tobacconist® Ltd will not accept liability should the goods fail to clear customs for any reason.
9. We cannot be held responsible for the non-delivery of items when using mail forwarding services.
10. The Electric Tobacconist® Ltd reserves the right to consolidate orders placed within the same dispatch period into one parcel or envelope, and is not obliged to refund any postage charges incurred.
11. Incorrect Delivery Details: it is responsibility of the customer to enter the correct delivery address details at the time of ordering. If the customer enters the incorrect or incomplete address and goods are delivered to the wrong address, we are under no obligation to issue a refund or send replacement goods. If goods are returned to us if they have been sent to the wrong address we are not obliged to re-send at our expense, however, a refund will be offered less the postal expense. If you notice that you have provided the incorrect or incomplete details please contact us as soon as you can.
12. Incomplete Deliveries: In the event your order arrives with items missing, we require that you inform us within 5 days of the order arriving.
13. Returns: In the unlikely event that you receive faulty, damaged or incorrect goods, please refer to our Return Policy & Procedure. When sending back products we ask that you acquire proof of postage. If you send back an item and we do not receive it, we will be unable to provide any further help if you do not have proof of postage.
14. All orders placed before 4pm Monday to Friday are posted via Royal Mail First Class or DPD delivery services. Royal Mail deliver Monday to Saturday as well as Sunday in select areas. DPD Deliver Monday to Sunday, however the option for weekend delivery is only available during certain times. We may have to change our dispatch cut-off during certain periods.
15. Delivery Delays: We cannot be held responsible for delays within the Royal Mail or DPD networks. Compensation may be offered as a gesture of goodwill when significant delay is incurred with a paid-for DPD-delivered order (i.e. excludes those where DPD is offered free of charge). Compensation is offered upon our discretion and will not exceed the cost of postage charges originally incurred. Any compensation will be given as E-Wallet credit only. We cannot accept liability if an order is delayed due to failing an age verification check.
16. Although the customer has the option for their credit card details to be stored (which will only happen if the customer chooses this option), these are not stored directly by us; they are encrypted and stored with our payments processor (Opayo). We do not have direct access to your payment details. We also do not share customer details with any 3rd parties.
17. We sell to the end-user only. Your order(s) may be cancelled and account closed without notice if we suspect you are purchasing wholesale quantities or for the purpose of resale.
18. All prices displayed include VAT @ 20%. Customers located in Channel Islands are exempt from VAT which will be reflected during checkout.
19. Mispriced Products: in the event a product is listed on our at the incorrect price, we reserve to the right to cancel orders placed containing any affected products prior to dispatch.
20. We reserve the right to use any personal information provided by you to carry out & conduct relevant age verification checks. As part of checks made we may utilise data from various credit reference agencies, the electoral roll and other databases or agencies. Click here to read more about how we verify age. The name used as part of your delivery address and billing address must be the same.
21. We are unable to apply discount codes after an order has been placed. The offer code, if applicable, may be used on future orders.
22. Discounts and offers are subject to fair usage. Some offers can be used multiple times but limits may be enforced to prevent abuse. We reserve the right to cancel orders that we believe have been placed by users abusing or exploiting discounts. We also reserve the right to change or withdraw any discount offer without notice at any time.
Last updated: 17/10/2023
Updated numbering scheme. Updated points 14, 17, & 18. Added Point 12.