If your myblu device isn't working correctly, the first thing you need to do is ensure it's fully charged. The myblu starter kit comes with a USB charging cable; you simply need to connect the cable to the device to get it charged up.
- Unpack your myblu, pods and cable from the packaging.
- Plug the USB cable into a USB port, and connect the myblu device to it. The plug should fit snugly in and click.
- If the device is successfully connected, the LED light on the device will glow red. If the light does not illuminate, this could indicate an issue (addressed below)
- Once fully charged the red light will go out, indicating the device is ready to use. Charging should take between 20 and 30 minutes.
Is your myblu not working? Like any device, the myblu can encounter snags that cause it to not function as it should. Fortunately, most are easy to fix if you know what to look for!
Low nicotine hit
The myblu is popular amongst new vapers who are using the device as a stop-smoking aid. It's a great choice in this regards! Ex-smokers tend to be used to a strong nicotine dose provided by cigarettes; opting for low nicotine content myblu pods may not provide enough nicotine to provide the same hit you are used to. If you're finding this to be a problem, try a higher strength pod (such as 16mg) or a myblu Intense pod! Myblu intense pods are made with nicotine salts, which were specially designed to provide a stronger and more satisfying rush, similar to that of a traditional cigarette.
Myblu isn't producing enough vapour
The myblu isn't a vapour-heavy device. it's designed to deliver nicotine efficiently with little power or vapour, which means it will never provide huge clouds. If you're noticing your myblu is providing less vapour than normal, make sure that it is fully charged; when the battery level is low, the myblu doesn't provide as much power to the heating element. It could also indicate your pod is almost out of liquid!
Myblu isn't producing any vapour
If your myblu isn't providing any vapour at all, this suggests a connection issue (between the battery and the pod). This can be caused by several things: the pod may not be fully inserted, there could be some liquid or residue between the pod or the battery connection/metal conductors on the pod may have been pushed down too far. If your myblu stops producing vapour, you should do the following:
- Check the pod is fully-inserted and isn't loose. The pod should click when it's in place.
- Remove the pod and check the bottom for any liquid or residue. Check the slot where the pod is inserted for the same. If you can see any liquid or residue, gently remove it with a piece of tissue.
- Remove the pod and check the bottom - you should see two small metal strips. If a pod has been inserted too far it can cause the strips to be pushed down too far, preventing the connection being made. You can use a toothpick or something similar to lift the strips up slightly - this can fix the problem!
Myblu is leaking
The myblu has tiny holes on both sides of each pod: this is where the air enters which creates the vapour. It's important that neither of these holes are covered by your fingers or anything else. If the holes are blocked or covered, it can lead to e-liquid leaking from the mouthpiece when you inhale.
If your myblu is leaking the first thing you should do is soak up any excess liquid and ensure neither of the air-intake holes are covered. The pod should be safe to continue to use, however, if the problem persists you should replace the pod entirely. If you ordered your myblu pods directly from The Electric Tobacconist, you can get in touch with our customer service team here who will be happy to offer further advice.
Myblu isn't charging
If your myblu isn't charging it's worth checking that the charging port on the bottom of the device has no material inside that could block the connection. You should also check you are using the right charging cable; The myblu Starter Kit comes with a blu branded cable which is specially designed for this device. You should avoid using any other cable, even if it appears to be compatible!
Myblu gurgles when I vape
Gurgling sounds and the sensation of e-liquid bubbling in the pod can be caused by low battery level or lack of airflow. If the battery level is low the device may not be able to supply enough power to heat the e-liquid adequately. Charging your myblu should resolve the issue. You should also ensure that the two airflow slots on the sides of every pod aren't blocked or covered, as this reduces airflow which can affect your draw quality. Gurgling is also common with a pod that is running out of liquid!