← Back

VIP E-Liquid Upgrade - what's changed and do they taste the same?

Image for VIP E-Liquid Upgrade - what's changed and do they taste the same?

VIP recently updated their e-liquid range to a brand new formula. Whether you're a long-term VIP customer or are simply curious about what's different, we're here to explain exactly what has changed and how this affects the way you vape.


First and foremost, the updated VIP e-liquid range has a different formula - which essentially means a different balance of ingredients. Almost every e-liquid has 4 core ingredients: vegetable glycerine (VG), propylene glycol (PG), flavourings and typically nicotine. PG and VG make up the vast majority of any e-liquid!

VIP liquids were previously 70% PG, with the remaining 30% being VG. The updated formula simply balances these two ingredients out, meaning all VIP e-liquids are now 50% PG, 50% VG. So, how does that affect things?

In summary, PG is a thinner substance which creates a stronger throat hit when you inhale. The jury is out on whether this is pleasant or not; some long-time vapers enjoy it, but others find it can irritate the throat. Now that the VIP formula contains less PG, you may find they are smoother to inhale. You'll still feel a throat hit, though it may not be as intense.

VG, on the other hand, has a few different effects. Firstly, it's a thicker substance, which makes it great for vaping; when vaporised, it creates a slightly thicker and denser cloud. VG has a slightly sweet taste, which means your favourite flavours may come to life even more with their new formula. This is particularly true for fruit and confectionery flavours, but pairs well with rich tobacco blends too.

E-liquids with a 50%VG, 50% PG formula (often abbreviated to '50:50') are becoming increasingly popular, largely because they're compatible with almost any vape kit. They'll work great in a low-power pod system or a powerful mini-mod, without fear of premature burning or spit back. This means you can still enjoy your favourite VIP flavour with your current kit, regardless of the specs.

Nicotine Strength

The next significant change is the range of nicotine strengths available. Previously, VIP liquids were available in 0mg, 3mg, 8mg, 16mg and 20mg, whereas they're now available in 0mg, 3mg, 6mg, 12mg and 18mg. What's the deal?

The goal here was to make VIP e-liquids more accessible. There's a significant jump in strength between 8mg and 16mg, for instance. This has been filled in by the handy 12mg option!

The new, linear strength options make it easier for you to adjust your intake. If you're looking to decrease your nicotine intake, this can be done in smaller, more controlled steps. If you find your liquid isn't quite strong enough, you can increase your strength moderately.

If you're wondering which strength you should use now, here's what we recommend:


Flavour changes may send a shiver down your spine, but fear not! VIP have taken extra care to try and make the transition as seamless as possible.

Before we explore this further, it's worth mentioning that some VIP flavours haven't been changed; this means that VIP have made every effort to maintain the same flavour you're used to. The flavours that have not been changed are British Gold, Pear Drop, Ye Olde Black Jack and Banana Bliss.

All other VIP flavours have been changed in some measure, though real customer feedback was employed to guide these changes. This means you should find any changes to be minimal, but those that are noticeable are for the better!

The original VIP e-liquid range was launched almost 10 years ago, which means over time a few niche flavours have strayed from the limelight. This flavour upgrade ensures every option really tastes exactly as it should by using bold, vivid and defined flavour concentrates. There's never been a better time to explore the range and try something new!